Name:
Location: Singhkapoh, Singhkapoh, Singapore

I'm da coolest dood on the block i sizzle. yeah rite. RIGHT!

Saturday, February 04, 2006

tennissimo

Fifteen-love, Thirty-love, Forty-love, and then back to love-all. for the next game.

Today was a day of intense tennis training - finally my pals and I managed to awake for our much-postponed tennis duel. Although of course we didn't get up at 7am or anything since the game was at 10! So no big deal..then it was back home for a quickie (shower) then off to school we went. School was particularly exciting for a friend today - learning never seemed so fun i guess.

After my Singapore Film Lecture i was off - to Holland V for Dinner part 1. Well, not quite dinner, but chilled at Crystal Jade with me pals. And would u believe the number of peeps already at Walas? I couldn't. So anyway after that we adjourned to me pal Moses' condo for tennis. or so we thought. After relacking in one of the corners of his home, he announced the following activity - dinner at Holland V. So waddaya know? Back to Netherlands i guess. Devoured XO Beehoon soup. Shiok to the max, man.

And finally we got back to the main agenda: tennis. Eight till about eleven! It was intense stuff, base line to base line, drop shots, frantic scrambles, desperate dives, power strokes, gentle touches, and lots of magic. I kid u not! (I was also spiderman in my childhood daydreams. PS I am a daydreamer.)

So at the end of this day; i sit, with an aching body but brimming with pride. Pride that the legacy i left behind on the courts today will forever be etched in the history of tennis at PINE GROVE condominium. Pride that we upheld the ideals of sportsmanship. Pride that we snatched victory for ourselves. Try as i might, i failed to keep track of the scores the whole evening. Something-love, something-love, something-love.

Love conquers all, but we conquered...and gave them some of our love. I guess Valentine's day is drawing anear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home